Vice President & Chief Information Officer
- Do you have the ability to shape organizational direction?
- Can you build a culture of creativity and stimulate new ideas?
- Will you inspire others to deliver outstanding results?
- Can you articulate a vision for change?
- Will you promote a culture where employees are encouraged to reach their full potential?
- Are you able to collaborate and partner with others to build strong, lasting relationships?
If so, this is the opportunity for you!
BC Assessment has an exciting opening for a Vice President & Chief Information Officer to join its Executive team.
Reporting to the President & Chief Executive Officer, this position is a key contributor to our organizational strategy, and provides leadership to a team of Information Technology professionals. We are looking for a dynamic leader who has significant senior level experience in information technology, understands IT’s role to partner with business units to support their achievement of business outcomes, and has an eye to the future technology that will enable optimization and transformation of our service delivery.
Our successful candidate will display an ability to work collaboratively at all levels to influence change and deliver innovative customer service solutions, and will demonstrate the ability to apply strategic and operational business approaches and practices to achieve strategic outcomes and maximize performance expectations.
They will also provide effective leadership by fostering an environment that encourages accountability, personal growth, commitment to a customer centric culture, and continuing corporate success.
About BC Assessment
BC Assessment (BCA) is a provincial Crown Corporation created in 1974 with a mandate to establish and maintain real property assessments that are uniform in the whole of British Columbia. We produce an annual Assessment Roll that contains fair, equitable, independent and trusted property assessments for over two million properties in the province. These assessments play a vital role in the property tax system that generates more than $7.5 billion annually to support services that people count on in BC communities, such as schools, libraries, emergency services, infrastructure, parks and recreation and roads.
While carrying out this mandate over 44 years, we have developed the single-most comprehensive source of property data in the province, and deep expertise in the real estate market. We leverage these assets to provide valuable services to a variety of customers that include local governments, First Nations, property owners, academics and researchers, private businesses, and the provincial government.
Our Head Office is in Victoria and we employ over 700 people in 16 offices throughout the province of BC. We are recognized as one of the leading property assessment organizations in the world by the International Property Tax Institute and as one of BC’s Top Employers.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 10 to 15 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, of which 5-7 years has been at a senior management level.
- Preferably five or more years of experience in related, industry-leading, large, cross-functional teams and/or enterprise-wide programs, influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Demonstrated experience in IT strategic planning, organization design and development.
- Preferably proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments by taking advantage of digital opportunities to innovate business models and enable the digitalization of the business.
- Experience in preparing technology business cases with a strong financial component.
- Related progressive experience successfully managing in a business or information management environment developing and managing staff, budgets and expenditures and contracts.
- Recent experience proactively managing internal and external quality customer services.
- Recent experience managing complex multi-stakeholder projects.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- This position will be located in our Uptown Office (Victoria, B.C.)
- We will begin the screening and selection process on April 12, 2018, and will continue accepting applications until we identify a successful candidate for the role.
- BC Assessment offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package as part of our commitment to recruit, reward and retain great talent.
How to Apply
Please click HERE to submit your application and view the job posting.
Back to Top
Published at Thu, 22 Mar 2018 18:53:00 +0000