Utility Maintenance Worker I – City of Vancouver (Vancouver, BC)
||Utility Maintenance Worker I
||City of Vancouver
Utility Maintenance Worker I
Requisition ID: 2185
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world by 2020 and we are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Utility Maintenance Worker prepares and operates outdoor pool, water features, and water parks and performs routine to skilled maiantenance, repair and cleaning of Vancouver’s pools and community/recreation facilities.
- Responsible for a variety of functions related to the operation and service of swimming pools, pool chemical controllers, pumps, filtration and related equipment.
- Performs and coordinates routine janitorial functions including cleaning change rooms and washrooms; washing & waxing floors, replenishing supplies, collecting and transferring refuse.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks including lubricating, cleaning, and painting stationary equipment found in various facilities.
- Maintains building standards and monitor building secuirty and safety.
- Assists a Maintenance Technician in the maintenance of mechanical equipment related to swimming pools, water features, water parks, HVAC, or other related mechanical equipment.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Position Requirements
- Completion of a recognized certification program in building services work and some related experience.
- Pool Operators Level 1 and II.
- Applicants must attach a copy of the required pool certification to their application
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean drivers abstract is preferred. The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to legally and safely carry out job responsibilities. Transportation arrangements must meet the operation requirements of the department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of water filtration equipment and disinfection systems.
- Working knowledge of the materials, methods and equipment used in janitorial and building maintenance work.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public groups and users of the facility to ensure observance of the rules and regulations.
- Ability to observe equipment in operation and report on any malfunctions.
- Ability to operate water filtration equipment and any other tools or equipment associated with the work. ( Pool Vacuums, Blowers )
- Good health and strength sufficient to perform a variety of manual tasks in janitorial and building maintenance work.
- Above average manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
- Observes stationary equipment and related controls, logs gauge readings, and reports malfunctions to the superior.
- Ability to lift items up to 22.5 kg
The successful candidates must be prepared to work in various locations within the organization and have availability to meet varied shift requirements including: morning, day, afternoon, evening and weekend shifts.
Business Unit/Department: Real Estate & Facilities Mgmt (1100)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Parks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: April 10, 2017
Position End Date: September 8, 2017
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-014: $23.41 to $27.44 per hour
Number of Positions: 7
Application Close: Open Until filled
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
||Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 10:32:00 AM (PST)
||Friday, June 23, 2017 at 11:45:00 PM (PST)
Published at Tue, 23 May 2017 18:32:00 +0000