The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
Solid Waste Collection Operator
Job ID: 18-66
Job Class: Regular Full-time
Employment Group: CUPE 825 (Outside)
# of Vacancies: 1
Posting Period: August 9 – September 3, 2018
The Solid Waste team is looking for an energetic and motivated individual to safely and efficiently operate a large right-hand drive vehicle to provide fully automated curbside collection and disposal of solid, recycling or yard waste with adherence to City’s bylaws and policies.
This position will be responsible for collecting and disposing of solid waste, deliveries and exchanges of residential collection carts while ensuring adherence to City’s Solid Waste Bylaw and other related policies. This position manages a daily service schedule that provides direct customer service to the residents of Port Moody.
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check and also a satisfactory driver’s abstract. Please submit your online application by the posting close date.
- Grade 12 plus a minimum of one year of direct experience collecting solid waste and recycling
- Ability to operate fully automated right-hand drive vehicle with automated lifting arm safely and efficiently under difficult driving conditions
- Mechanical aptitude and an ability to perform minor servicing tasks on related vehicles
- Ability to make sound independent decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including courtesy and tact with customers
- Class 3 Driver’s License with Air Endorsement
Date Added: 6/15/2018
Branch/Location Office: Works Yard
City: Port Moody
Province: British Columbia [BC]
Compensation – Hourly: $31.18 – 33.57
Compensation & Benefits Overview: Plus 12% in lieu of benefits