QR Code Link to This Post
Shared Living Provider
Position Type: Contract as per Community Living British Columbia (CLBC)
Location: Squamish, British Columbia
Compensation: as per CLBC contract
Are you looking for an exciting and meaningful opportunity to impact someone’s quality of life?
Are you knowledgeable and able to provide a long term supportive home?
posAbilities may be looking for you!
Who are We?
posAbilities is a large Not- for- Profit Community Living agency supporting individuals with developmental disabilities. We are currently seeking interested and skilled parties to share their home and their life with persons with a developmental disability.
To participate in posAbilities Shared Living Services, we require:
• Current First Aid Certificate (Emergency First Aid for Residential Adult Care, or Safety Oriented First Aid)
• Criminal record check (to be obtained directly through posAbilities)
• Completed Application form
• Successful completion of Home Study and Personal Interview
• Completed Health & Safety check
• Doctor’s certification
• Name and contact information for three references (employment and character)
• Experience and/or training in a relevant field
• A valid Driver’s License and current Driver’s Abstract
• Valid home and vehicle insurance, including coverage for the person you will be supporting
To become a Shared Living Provider you must:
• Be committed to the values and principles of community living and wish to provide a home that supports a person’s needs, goals and dreams
• Welcome an individual into you home and offer a warm and inclusive living environment
• Develop and nurture positive relationships between you and the people who are important to the person you support including their family members and friends
• Be responsible for the safety, support, supervision and general well-being of the person in your home
• Be person centered in their thinking and practices. This means putting the person first, doing with the person as opposed to doing for the person, and realizing what is important to the person rather than for the person
• Have a stable and caring home in Squamish and have experience supporting individuals with disabilities
• Be willing to make a long-term commitment to provide support to the person in your home
This is a contract position and we are seeking individuals with homes, especially separate suites in Squamish at this time.
Interested parties please apply with your resume and cover letter via our website at www.posAbilities.ca/careers or via email to lblackwell@posAbilities.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only applicants meeting our criteria will be contacted.
Published at Sat, 13 Jan 2018 01:34:16 +0000