QR Code Link to This Post
JFS Seniors Support Services Program assists seniors and their families to Navigate the Aging Journey. Our programs and services assist seniors to age in place. The Seniors Outreach Counsellor is responsible for the provision of professional services to promote the psychosocial, emotional, and intellectual well-being of seniors. Our goal is to help seniors maintain their independence, reduce social isolation and develop support networks.
The Counsellor is responsible for client-centered case management, counselling, provision of information and referral, and developing, monitoring and evaluating community based programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Care Management
• Client intake, may include comprehensive client assessment of physical, psychosocial needs, support systems, housing, and finances, then ongoing Care Management
• Liaise with health professionals, to advocate 1-on-1 and with wider systems
• Liaise with family, and provide support to adult children
2. Administrative Responsibilities:
• Prepare reports for management and funders as required
• Maintain notes in agency data base
• Assist with grant applications
• Participate in JFSA organizational activities and committees
3. Program Management:
• Needs assessment, program development, monitoring and evaluation
• 1-1 work with seniors ie. assist with financial aid, housing,
• Community outreach/ programming to specific seniors buildings on regular basis
4. Community and Public Relations Responsibilities:
• Network and collaboration with community agencies, committees and senior resources ie West Side Seniors Hub
• Respond to emerging needs
• Develop and maintain promotional materials
• Degree in Social Work, or equivalent, with a minimum of four years related work experience in geriatric field
• Knowledge or demonstrated interest in Jewish culture and traditions
• Knowledge of geriatric health care issues
This is a part-time position, 21 hours per week, with the possibility to increase hours. Salary is $22-25 hourly plus benefits.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume quoting “Seniors Outreach Counsellor” to Joanne Haramia, Director of Seniors Services by July 16, 2018.
Please note that only qualified candidates considered for interviews will be contacted.
Published at Tue, 26 Jun 2018 22:26:16 +0000