QR Code Link to This Post
StormCloud is a boutique Vancouver-based provider of managed network, voice, leading edge UC and cloud services as well as specialized platform support to SME, large corporate enterprise and non-business organizations with operations inside and outside Canada. StormCloud has enjoyed record growth in the past 24 months and is poised to expand further with some exciting new major projects and customers. This position will lead the junior/intermediate technical staff, and work hand-in-hand with StormCloud’s CTO in delivering new projects and initiatives as well as maintaining and upgrading existing systems and deployments.
This position is available immediately.
Education and Experience:
• University degree and/or IT Diploma from a recognized technical institution.
• Minimum 5 years’ related experience, preferably demonstrating your role as team member or leader in the design, implementation and maintenance of complex and/or critical high availability systems and with significant emphasis on cloud technologies over the past two years
• Vendor certifications will be an asset, e.g.
o Cisco CCIE, CCNP-R&S, CCDP, CCNP-Security, ITASM, ITIL,
o MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Certification /AWS Certified Solutions Architect
The position offers:
• an opportunity for a motivated individual with drive and great attitude to prove oneself and grow with us.
• if you have the right set of overall skills, drive and attitude, we’ll provide on the job training for missing elements and subsidize your external training.
We are located in downtown / Yaletown close to transit and parking.
Desired working knowledge:
o Dynamic and static routing protocols
o Layer 2 and 3 routing and switching technologies VLAN, QoS, PPoE, BGP, NAT
o IP addressing, CIDR, subnets
o Security – stateful firewalls, session border controllers and security applications SSL and TLS
o VPNs, IPSec, L2TP, Site-to-Site, OpenVPN
o Virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix
o Backup – Veeam, Azure, Nakivo
o Router Configs – Cisco, Juniper, Mikrotik, Cradlepoint
o VoIP SIP – Asterisk, FreeSwitch and 3CX
o Windows and Linux OS support
o Microsoft Cloud – Skype for Business, Azure, SharePoint, Exchange, Office365, MS SQL, Windows Server environments
o Agile and Scrum methodologies and practices
o Azure SaaS IaaS and PaaS architectures
o API architecture and hybrid cloud integration patterns
o Stack development
o Infrastructure configuration management and automation tools
o measurement tools such as infrastructure, application, logging, APM, and user interface experience
o ARM templates and JSON scripting for automated deployments
o CI Systems
o Continuous Delivery processes
o Cloud automation tools like Ansible or Salt Stack or Chef or Puppet,
o System orchestration including provisioning, monitoring and logging
(Physical wiring knowledge would be an asset.)
• Strong written & verbal English skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• Team and project management skills
• Customer facing skills including senior level customer and vendor staff.
• Problem solving and debugging skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
• Deadline and closure oriented.
Other: Valid BC driver’s license essential.
For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.stormcloud.ca
If you are interested in this position, please provide a cover letter with your resume.
Respond through Craigslist only. No phone calls accepted.
Thank you for your interest in this position, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Published at Fri, 12 Jan 2018 20:02:13 +0000