Senior Manager, Purchasing Services – Richmond, BC
We’re seeking a senior manager for our Purchasing Services department to provide leadership in the development of procurement strategies, policies, and practices. You’ll look for ways to improve Purchasing Services through strategic sourcing and using the latest technology, while ensuring procurement policies and due process are followed.
In this role you’ll act as the primary contracting authority for WorkSafeBC with third-party goods and service providers. Using your experience and skills, you’ll effectively manage the cost of all purchased goods and services, manage the risks associated with these transactions, and ensure overall best value to the organization.
What you’ll do
As a senior manager in Purchasing Services you will:
- Direct supply management operations and ensure effective and efficient acquisitions, supply availability, logistics, and distribution of goods and services
- Manage strategically important, high-risk, high-profile procurement initiatives and tailor procurement strategies to best meet business objectives
- Ensure that WorkSafeBC’s procurement processes for the acquisition of goods and services are in compliance with applicable laws of competitive tendering, legislation, and public policy
- Provide strategic advice to senior management regarding the planning of corporate procurement initiatives and projects
- Develop business plans and operational strategies to provide quality and responsible “best value” goods and services
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to establish state-of-the-art business arrangements to maximize supply and service opportunities to WorkSafeBC
- Develop and establish a career development and succession program for the department
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Effectively lead teams through change using strong communication skills and relationship-building abilities
- Negotiate high-profile, complex, technical, and costly agreements with external partners
- Motivate managers in meeting operational and performance expectations, as well as in professional development, by providing feedback and coaching
- Plan and manage service delivery by building strong and effective working relationships with senior management, peers, stakeholders, and professional contacts
- Use well-developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present information, influence others, build relationships, and work collaboratively
- Apply strategic and critical thinking to anticipate and plan for future requirements of the Purchasing Services department and its stakeholders, and evaluate new technologies and methods for meeting them
Your background and experience:
- A university degree in business administration, economics, law, engineering, or a related discipline
- A professional certification or designation from a recognized and accredited supply management association, such as PMAC or SCMP
- A minimum of 10 years of supply management experience in the acquisition of goods and services at the senior management level, including experience with computerized supply management systems
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.3 million workers and 231,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward a defined benefit pension plan. As a member of our team, you’ll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
To apply Visit www.worksafebc.com and select Careers to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Application deadline: December 13, 2018
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we’re only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.