Job Title: PLC Programmer / Automation Engineer
Job Description: As a PLC Programmer / Automation Engineer you will be responsible for the design and development of technical content of the Controls project work, delivering high quality written documentation and engineering work packages, as well as, planning, scheduling, and coordinating the detailed phases of the engineering work for assigned disciplines, projects, and staff groups, and maintaining frequent contact with client, vendors, and internal staff.
• Creating detailed control system designs including discipline P&ID input, loop drawings, communication networks, shutdown key development and control philosophies.
• PLC programming, GE (Proficy, VersaPro, Logicmaster) and HMI programming and configuration including field commissioning and start-up.
• Produce CWP (Control system architecture design, electrical I/O and layout drawing design, written scope of work).
• Plan, coordinate and prepare equipment, work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for a variety of equipment.
• Manage multiple ongoing facility projects, and tracking the daily progress and associated costs while implementing cost-control measures.
• 5+ years of configuration and programming experience.
• Experience working with PLC, HMI, electrical design development for Oil & Gas and Pipeline facilities, and field commissioning.
• Experienced with programming of newer generation (Rx3i) and legacy (9030/9070) GE PLCs is considered an asset.
• Experience with other PLC platforms (e.g. Rockwell, Schneider/Modicon) would be an asset.
• Engineering Degree or Diploma in Electrical, Automation, Instrumentation or Computer Science Engineering/Technology.
• Engineer (P.Eng.) accredited by APEGA or Technologist (CET, RET, or P.Tech.(Eng.)) accredited by APEGA/ASET, would be advantageous.
• Must have a valid driver’s license; Travel within Western Canada is required up to 75% of time.
• Motivated and driven to provide a high-quality customer experience.
• Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
Must reside or be legally eligible to work in Canada, if you meet these qualifications, please forward an updated copy of your resume and cover letter to Ezra.Weeks@Randstad.ca. Referrals and recommendations are always appreciated.
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.