QR Code Link to This Post
Railtown Catering is seeking a passionate, result-driven Senior Events Sales Manager to join our team.
This position is responsible for leading and managing all day-to-day activities related to the catering sales team with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that thrive to meet and maximize corporate vision and goals. You will also work alongside a team of talented chefs and staff to provide the highest-level customer service to create opportunities for account base growth.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing company to display your skills and build a long-term career. It also offers fully company paid health and dental benefit coverage after probation, and a fun, friendly environment.
The Senior Events Sales Manager will have the following responsibilities and duties:
Supporting Developing & Executing Sales Strategies
• Works with department leaders to develop catering sales strategies and ensure effective implementation and understanding of the strategies.
• Works with catering sales team to create and implement a catering sales plan addressing revenue goal, customer segmentation, and target market.
• Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
• Provides positive and effective leadership by leading and mentoring sales team members to strengthen sales skills to maximize revenue potentials.
• Sets weekly, monthly and annual goals for sales team members.
Managing Sales Activities
• Monitors all day-to-day activities of direct reports.
• Supports and participates in sales calls with sales team members to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Supports sales activities and operations whenever necessary (e.g., generating proposals, writing contracts, customer correspondence).
Analyzing & Reporting on Sales and Financial Data
• Analyzes daily, monthly, and annual sales and financial reports and data to enable achievement of corporate goals.
• Assists Revenue Management with completing accurate quarterly projections.
• Reviews client satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement.
Building Successful Relationships.
• Develops, manages, and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Attends customer events, trade shows and sales meetings to maintain, build and develop relationships.
• Meets with clients during pre- and post-event meetings to obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, execution against contract and overall satisfaction.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Interviews and hires Events Sales employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Utilizes all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Leads by example to promote corporate vision and goals to ensure customers receive the highest level of satisfaction through service.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Incorporates customer satisfaction as a component of department meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
Qualifications and Experience
• Self-motivated with demonstrated superior skills in customer service and organization
• Strong leadership, organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Detail oriented, ability to perform tasks in a timely manner
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Fluent written and spoken English required; fluency in other languages is an asset
• Previous marketing/sales/catering experience is an asset
Required certifications & Educations
• Diploma/Certification from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 8 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 6 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
What we Offer:
• Salary based on experience plus Commissions
• 100% company paid health and dental benefit coverage (after 6 months of probational period)
• Daily staff meal
• 50% discount at our cafés at any time
• Fun, supportive, and positive working environment
• Excellent working conditions with a strong team dynamic
• Career development opportunity within the company as Railtown Café and Catering continues to grow
Ready to join Railtown? Submit your Cover letter and Resume today to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Senior Events Sales Manager Position. We are excited to hear from you.