Senior Electrical CAD Drafter
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
Our Complex Buildings Unit in Vancouver is looking for an Senior Electrical CAD Drafter to join our growing team.
To perform this role successfully, the Senior Electrical CAD Drafter will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Draft and prepare electrical layouts and schematics;
- Assist engineers/designers with drafting and preparation of contract packages;
- Communicate with external agencies (i.e. utilities);
- Produce drawings using AutoCAD and potentially Micro Station and/or Revit;
- Knowledge of lighting design software an asset;
- Draft plans and detailed drawings working from sketches or notes;
- Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data;
- Studies drawings and specifications issued to the field and reports any ambiguities, interferences or errors found on drawings, specifications and assigned work;
- Advises SNC-Lavalin representatives and contractors on the interpretation of drawings and specifications and advises on additional details or clarifications required for project design;
- 5 – 8 years experience working as a CAD drafter.
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD is required.
- Knowledge of Micro Station would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Revit MEP would be an asset.
- Ability to work in a team environment with deadlines, occasional overtime.
- Able to work independently or under supervision from one or more engineers or senior designers.
- We offer an opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in North America. You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career.
- While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No agencies, no telephone calls please.
- Please note that SNC-Lavalin DOES NOT accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies and/or head hunting firms and we will not be responsible for any fees associated with hires from such resumes unless there is a written signed agreement with our Vancouver office.
Published at Tue, 23 May 2017 17:24:02 +0000