Position at Starlight Casino, New Westminster
Job Type: Casual
Who We Are
From our humble beginnings of two properties and 150 employees to 18 gaming properties with more than 3,800 employees, Gateway growth is a result of dedication to our values of RITE: Respect, Integrity, Team-Work & Exceptional Customer Service. These values align with our ultimate goal to become the premier Gaming, Entertainment and Hospitality organization in Canada.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 18 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
Our friendly atmosphere, attentive and committed service starts with you! Delight our guests and be part of our respected security team.
As a floor security officer, you will ensure that our staff, property, company assets and our valued guests are secure and protected at all times by interacting with customers and staff and writing accurate reports.
A Great Fit, if You
- Have a professional and welcoming smile for everyone you meet
- Are self- motivated and can take initiative in resolving issues
- Can assess situations carefully and are sensitive in dealing with people
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Are confident with your judgment, can clearly convey your findings in writing
- Are a night owl, and benefit from working flexible hours, evenings and weekends
- Maintains a presence – patrols gaming and guest activity; conducts door duty and crowd control
- Escorts guests and employees as required
- Demonstrates emergency procedures and protocols; provides First Aid to guests and employees
What You’ll Require
- Previous Security experience and Security training is a strong asset
- Completion of Gaming Security Officer (GSO) training/exam within 90 days of start (BC)
- ProServe, ProTect, and Deal Us Security Staff Training Program available (In Alberta)
- Completion of Serving It Right prior to start date (In BC)
- First Aid training preferred
- Ability to carry up to 25 lbs and use/learn techniques to preserve a safe environment
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time, kneel, run, bend and jump
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is growing! We are building high-performing workplaces in partnership with our talented employees and management teams.
A career at Gateway means learning and development, great people and a great atmosphere.
Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs all while working in an engaging and fun environment.
Join us today!