QR Code Link to This Post
School Age Leader (Before & After School)
Junior Scholars is searching for the ideal candidate to join our awesome team and work in our before and after school program. This role is suited to those specifically interested in working with children and youth. This position can start asap or September 2018.
– A split shift similar to 7:00am to 9:00am plus 2:00pm to 6:00pm
– Full-time hours during Spring Break, Summer Break, Winter Break and Pro-D Days
– Ability to work independently and in a team to create monthly activity plans suitable for children in grades K-6
– School drop-off and pick-up
– Engaging with children in indoor and outdoor activities – must be able to participate with the children
– Establish and maintain positive daily communication with parents
– Maintain accurate record keeping for daily/monthly attendance and other reports
– Plan field trips and camp activities, follow childcare regulations, prepare and serve snack, clean and sanitize classroom, equipment and toys
– At least 19 years of age with completed courses relating to children or youth e.g. 20 hour responsible adult course or Child and Youth Care courses
– Creative, dynamic, fun, flexible and able to lead by example
– Must be willing to submit criminal record check and obtain current First Aid Certificate
– Child and Youth Care Diploma
– Early Childhood Educator License (ECE)
– Early Childhood Educator Assistant License (ECEA)
– Class 4 Driver’s License (or willing to obtain within 3 months)
2 weeks (4%) paid vacation, paid sick days, paid bonus days off at Christmas, extended health benefits (medical, vision and dental), fun team events, annual team dinner and most importantly a respectful, team-spirited work environment!
Please use reference: OSC0918 when applying. We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Published at Mon, 23 Jul 2018 21:53:29 +0000