Project Implementation Specialist
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam! Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
We are looking for an exceptional person to join our Recreation Department in the role of Project Implementation Specialist – a portfolio that has a mix of project management, business analysis and software support. Reporting to the Director of Recreation, the Project Implementation Specialist is instrumental in designing and implementing effective systems to support the business operations of the Department, including the new 205,000 square foot community recreation centre that begins opening in 2019. The incumbent will provide training and support to various levels of recreation staff on software systems and performance metrics, will provide the management team with accurate and informative data analysis and will work collaboratively with project specialists and analysts from other departments.
What you bring:
- A university degree in Information Systems Management, Computer Science, Business, or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning solutions or other complex business software solutions in a mid-sized business environment, preferably Agresso, ActiveNet and/or Class systems
- A minimum of five (5) years’ of directly related work experience including supervision, data analysis, and systems support preferably in Local Government;
- A background in leading projects and successfully implementing systems and processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Emotional intelligence and an ability to build strong relationships at all levels
- A commitment to service excellence and continuous improvement
- Leadership aspirations and big picture thinking
- A positive and fun attitude.
What we offer:
- An annual starting salary approaching $80,000.00
- An indexed pension that will payout up to 70% of pre-retirement earnings for life
- A competitive benefits plan
- A work life balance
- Educational opportunities
- A challenging and rewarding career in the service of our community
- A “Goldilocks” size organization where meaningful impact and contribution happens daily
- A diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace
- A fun, vibrant and supportive team.
The role of Project Implementation Specialist is new for the Recreation Department and provides an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to fully develop this portfolio, apply their knowledge and skills, and demonstrate the value of this position to the Department. Apply at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition #18-089e by August 28, 2018.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.