QR Code Link to This Post
Veganism is rapidly growing and so is our team at Vegan Supply. We currently have a position available as a Procurement and Inventory Manager with great room for growth. This is a full-time position and will require you to work out of our Chinatown location in Vancouver, Canada.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and with an established record of performance. This role would be ideally suited to someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about veganism and has managerial experience (preferably in the Food and Beverage industry).
– Manage inventory by ensuring inventory levels are accurate and ordering from vendors when products reach a certain par level
– Maintaining a weekly ordering schedule
– Maintaining relationships with vendors and staying on top of promotional periods
– Develop a schedule of holiday activities along with the Store Manager for promotional purposes
– Procure new products to introduce to our customers
– Keep inventory losses to a minimum through proactive risk mitigation and report monthly business results to Controller
– Manage best before dates on all products in the store (in conjunction with another staff member – delegate as needed)
– Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned or required
Beneficial Previous Experience + Qualifications
– Previous managerial experience and relevant grocery and/or retail experience
– Experience with ordering and maintaining department stock
– Experience with utilizing Shopify
– Proficiency and knowledge of POS platforms and inventory management systems
– Entrepreneurial mindset – an ability to make decisions and take calculated risks
– Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure
– Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under stressful situations
– Ability to work autonomously and with a team
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for our company. We thank all applicants, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Compensation is commensurate on experience.