QR Code Link to This Post
REACH Community Health Centre, Vancouver, BC.
Position: Medical Office Assistant
Experience/Speciality: Complex patients, including youth, chronic diseases, frail elderly, mental health and addictions.
Date: November 27th 2017
Duration of Posting: Until filled.
Compensation: Includes salary, sick time, and benefits.
Established in 1969, REACH is a Community Health Centre with a history of primary care innovation and a commitment to equality and social justice in East Vancouver. We have a multidisciplinary approach to care within our medical, dental, pharmacy and multi-cultural outreach programs. This position is funded by VCH’s primary care program. The successful applicant will be interested in providing team-based care and working to full scope as an MOA and be committed to providing care to clients with complex health and social needs. A detailed job description and duties is available upon request.
This is a full service family practice with no intrapartum care. Responsibilities also include weekends, and evenings.
• Certification as a medical office assistant from an accredited educational institution or equivalent.
• A minimum of 5 years practical experience working in a similar position.
• Experience working with clients with complex social and health conditions in a multicultural environment.
• Maintains Basic Life Support Certification.
• Understanding of aseptic and sterile technique and universal precautions.
• Excellent knowledge of medical terminology and effective use of the electronic medical records required.
• Ability to undertake frequent lifting and carrying items up to 30 pounds.
• Ability to speak another language an asset.
• Demonstrates critical thinking, ability to anticipate needs, compassionate and client centered care.
• Must be able to recognize and respond appropriately to urgent/emergent situations.
• Excellent knowledge of Oscar EMR, medical billing and codes as well as advanced access booking system.
• Knowledge of Live Care and other telemedicine systems.
• Knowledge of online booking systems such as Veribook.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, be accurate, pay attention to details.
• Demonstrates good time management.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively in a team environment.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication (oral and written) skills.
• Demonstrates an understanding of REACH’s mission and values as an organization.
• Proven ability to accurately take and record vital signs and to assist with procedures and exams.
Published at Fri, 12 Jan 2018 21:27:39 +0000