QR Code Link to This Post
LOCATION: Delta, BC, Canada
JOB FAMILY GROUP: Distribution Center (DC)
who we are
Yoga is our first love, and we also make technical product for running, training and pretty much every other way you like to sweat. You can find our stores all around the world, from Vancouver to Dubai, and places in between. Our vision is to create transformational experiences for people to live happy, healthy, fun lives.
about the team
At lululemon, our Warehouse Associates and Forklift Drivers play a key role in supporting our vision of elevating the world through the power of practice. They are responsible for mindfully getting the right product, to the right location, at the right time while having fun doing it!
Forklift Driver Job Details
Operates an electric Powered Industrial Truck (i.e. Order Picker, Reach Truck) to pick-up, deliver or move merchandise and materials around a warehouse/distribution center location. Operates machinery to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials. Performs the following: Picks, pulls, and stacks various amounts boxes of merchandise (up to 50 pounds) onto pallets attached to a lifting device throughout the production schedule.
• Career Level – Retail distribution/warehouse associate
• Skill Level: Typically, fully trained and qualified. Would need to be willing to be certified under company’s training program.
• Assignments: Perform general physical activities to pick, pull, stack, load, unload, sort and move merchandise and materials by hand. Perform tasks in warehouse environments. May participate in letdowns, put away, filling active locations, and any other overstock duties.
• Experience: Order Picker (Cherry Picker) experience of at least 6 months or more. Reach Truck/Forklift experience a plus!
• Education: None required. Prior PIT equipment certification preferred, but not required
• Supervision: Limited with spot checks.
• $15.30 to $21.60/hr
As a Forklift Driver you will also assume Warehouse Associate duties…
a day in the life as a warehouse associate
Under the leadership of the Warehouse Operations Manager and the direction of the Warehouse Team Leads, this position supports all areas of the distribution center including value added services, receiving, returns, damages, picking, packing, transfers, shipping and overall movement of inventory. Based on business needs, some of our Associates will have the opportunity to work across and develop in other warehouse departments as well as potential to gain certification to operate various DC equipment. In addition to supporting DC operations, they also engage in training, team building, meetings and personal development.
• Picks, packs and ships orders in a timely and accurate manner as assigned by leadership
• Meets or exceeds engineered metrics i.e. units picked per hour/orders per hour
• Safety is our number one priority and with that comes the responsibility for maintaining a safe work environment through our safety program and lean mentality. This includes keeping the warehouse clean and organized at all times.
• Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with DC guidelines
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned by leadership
• May be flexed out to work in various departments
• Capable of adapting to third party technologies (RF scanners, voice picking and new systems)
• Excellent counting skills and detail focused
• Ability to meet attendance requirements
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs frequently
• Ability to obtain a powered industrial truck (PIT) operator certification depending on business needs
• Ability to maintain a safe work environment
• Flexible and adaptable with schedule which could include nights, working required holidays, some weekends with occasional after hour requirements
• Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for your life
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results
• Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same
• Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure
• Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships
• Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka don’t take yourselves too seriously
Published at Tue, 14 Nov 2017 17:23:02 +0000