QR Code Link to This Post
Located in a beautiful office in Downtown Vancouver, this leading law firm is in need of a Litigation Paralegal to join their talented team.
WHY IS THIS JOB FOR YOU?
• Freedom to run files independently.
• Generous salary
• Appreciation for your hard work
• Enjoy your own office in this firms beautifully decorated workplace.
• Participate in numerous social events throughout the year
• Work with a firm who have a genuine commitment to “giving back”
Sporting an outstanding reputation within the legal industry, this top tier law firm are searching for a Litigation Paralegal with 5+ years of Paralegal or combined LAA/Paralegal experience. Ideally, your area of expertise is in Insurance and Torts Liability Law and you have a strong understanding of commercial litigation.
Reporting to the Senior Lawyers, your experience will allow you to take on the following responsibilities:
• Identifying, requesting and monitoring lists of required productions and information from both the client and opposing counsel;
• Preparing document memoranda/ briefs, books of authority, charts, chronologies and summaries of documentary evidence for use on discovery, pre-trial and arbitration/trial;
• Reviewing and summarizing discovery transcripts; managing undertakings and refusals; preparing discovery reports to clients
• Compiling statistics and information and performing research tasks
• Liaising with and retaining expert witnesses
• Instructing surveillance investigators, analyzing and preparing summaries of their reports
• Trial/Arbitration preparation, including preparation of required notices and subpoenas;
• Preparing bills of costs/costs outlines
• Preparing and submitting forms to the Land Title Office, including claims of builders’ lien
• Maintaining a bring-forward system
Providing an exceptional service is at the forefront for this firm and they remain devoted to achieving the goals of their clients in an innovative and knowledgeable manner.
With numerous offices throughout the country, this firm is comprised of brilliant employees who possess impressive experience and a genuine passion for their work.
This firm recognises their stance in the community and remain committed to giving back through numerous avenues such as providing pro bono services, a program focused on allowing children to excel in their schooling and multiple learning opportunities for staff members that will be beneficial to their careers.
Located in Downtown, the firms’ office is almost as spectacular as the employees who walk its halls!
• Paralegal Certificate or Diploma from an accredited institution
• 5+ years of relevant experience with extensive knowledge of litigation, legal procedures and statutes, including an understanding of various court rules
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Knowledge of document management software including, but not limited to, Relativity and Primafact
• Ability to work independently and with excellent judgment to both follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative as required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• $60,000 – $80,000 base p/a (dependent on experience)
• Your own beautiful office space
• Dental; Extended Medical; RRSP
• Flexible health and dental plan, LTD and short-term disability.
• Tuition covered, fitness plan coverage, MSP at 50%.
• 4 weeks vacation
HOW TO APPLY
You’ve read this far which means you’re passionate about your career so let’s chat further. Send a Microsoft Word version of your resume, quoting job #26661 in the subject, to email@example.com.
If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role or any other potential roles, please contact Jennifer Vessali at 604-689-8687 ext. 254.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.