The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
Job ID: 18-73
Job Class: Regular Part-time
Employment Group: CUPE 825 (Inside)
# of Vacancies: 1
Posting Period: July 11 – 18, 2018
The Port Moody Public Library is seeking an energetic, detail-oriented individual to assist with shelving activities. This entry-level library position ensures that books and other library materials are properly shelved and displayed and that the library is kept tidy.
Duties include: emptying book drops and moving materials to carts; sorting books and other materials into alphabetical or numerical order; shelving and filing materials; shelf-reading to ensure materials are properly filed; and tidying the shelves and study areas. This position also directs patrons to appropriate library service points for assistance.
The library is open evening and weekend hours. This is a regular part-time position.
Please note that employment with the Port Moody Public Library is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Criminal Records Search. Please submit your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Secondary school graduation (Grade 12) or current high school student
- Some knowledge of the library and its functions and procedures
- Ability to provide effective customer service, and to deal effectively and courteously with people of all ages
- Ability to contribute positively to and work effectively within a team environment
- Effective time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to sort and file alphanumerically
- Experience following established procedures and working independently
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the position (lift and carry books; push and pull carts of library materials; reach to place materials on library shelves; frequent standing, walking and bending)
Date Added: 7/10/2018
Branch/Location Office: Library
City: Port Moody
Province: British Columbia [BC]
Compensation – Hourly: $20.07
Compensation & Benefits Overview: + 12% in lieu of vacation and benefits
Back to Top
Published at Wed, 11 Jul 2018 20:33:00 +0000