Land Agent & Corporate Initiatives
(Permanent Full Time)
The District of West Vancouver is seeking a person that likes a challenge, enjoys a wide variety of work, and is qualified and experienced in the acquisition, disposition, and management of real property, and undertaking a variety of special projects.
The Land Agent & Corporate Initiatives will be responsible for:
- negotiations for purchase, sale, expropriation, and lease of District lands and buildings;
- maintaining the municipal land inventory;
- administering, preparing and reviewing various legal documents such as rights-of-way, easements and covenants;
- assisting with leases/tenancy agreements; and researching land titles and historic information;
- supporting and leading a wide variety of Corporate Services Division special projects and other initiatives, including but not limited to:
- legal matters, Court applications and disputes;
- emergency planning;
- First Nations matters;
- public consultation;
- other initiatives and duties as assigned.
The position requires: strong initiative and the ability to work independently; strong organizational skills; attention to detail; excellent communication skills to deal with the public in responding to queries and complaints; and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff and consultants (including lawyers, appraisers, surveyors and real estate agents).
The ideal candidate will have: skills in real estate, land and property management as well as a knowledge of contract law and real estate law; experience reviewing and interpreting legal documents; negotiation and communication skills; knowledge of municipal policy, procedures and requirements; familiarity with Zoning Bylaws, the Local Government Act, Community Charter, Land Title Act, and other legislation affecting real property; experience in developing and managing budgets; and an ability to research and produce reports, and correspondence on a wide variety of issues.
Required qualifications include: completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in urban planning, business, or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Candidates with the right combination of training and experience will still be considered and are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will be required to supply a police information check and a copy of their credentials.
Exempt – Permanent Full-Time
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
11:59 p.m. Monday, July 8, 2019
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.