Yard Person I/First Aid Attendant
Position Status: Full-Time Temporary (This position to last no later than May 31, 2021)
Department: Liquid Waste Services
Employee Group: GVRDEU
Location: Lake City Operations Centre
Salary Range/ Wage Rate: $2,380.00 bi-weekly plus 6.25% deferred compensation
Our Liquid Waste Services Department is seeking a Yard Person I/1st Aid Attend who will play a vital role in the day-to- day operation of the works yard/facility, conducting building and yard maintenance.
You are: A team player with good communication skills, strong work ethic and holds a level ll first aid certificate. Having or willing to obtain a forklift operator certificate is an asset.
(The duties described hereunder are intended to be representative of the position and are not to be considered all inclusive.)
- Assists Yard Person II and performs a variety of jobs such as: housekeeping of the Operations Centre outside common areas, painting, yard maintenance and clean-up, operate forklift and mobile yard crane to move pipe, lumber, load and unload truck, repair sidewalks, fences, and other maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Perform all duties of Water or Sewer timekeeper(s) when relieving during vacations or other absences. Assists in welding and blacksmith shops.
- Occasionally assists at Stores and at garage.
- In the absence of the Yard Person II, acts as the designated first aid attendant, responds to first aid emergencies and provides first aid services, maintains first aid records, supplies and first aid room.
To be successful, you have:
- Grade 12 (or equivalent), valid B.C. Driver’s License, certificate for watershed entry, and ability to operate power and pneumatic tools, forklift and mobile yard crane.
- Ability to update, check and maintain a variety of records, files and logs and perform simple arithmetic calculations.
- Physically fit and possess mechanical ability.
- Current Occupational First Aid Level II certificate.
- Within six months of date of hire must be able to obtain training in the use of Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and a Lift-Truck Operation Certificate Card.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by January 19, 2021.
View Original Source Source