Are you a seasoned WVD Engineer in search of your next contract opportunity? Our high-profile Downtown Vancouver client is seeking to hire a WVD Engineer (Windows Virtual Desktop) to join their team, on a long-term contract with a strong probability of extension. Apply to this amazing Windows Virtual Desktop Engineer opportunity today!
What’s in it for you!
As a WVD Engineer with our client, you’ll receive:
– Highly competitive market hourly rates
– A 6-month contract with a strong probability of extension
– Remote interview process
What will you do?
As a WVD Engineer with our Downtown Vancouver client, you will:
• Responsible for the maintenance, and support of the Azure WVD environment.
• Implement and proactively monitor Windows Virtual Desktop environment for capacity, risk, and workload and take necessary remediation steps.
• Develop and implement a process for WVD image updates and deployments.
• Responsible for the backup/restore of Azure WVDs.
• Responsible for the architecture, implementation and support of a Citrix Xendesktop environment including Netscaler components, thin clients & smartcards.
• Provide daily support for WVD / Citrix Xendesktop environment with users in various geographical locations.
• Implement robust monitoring of the WVD VDI environment.
• Take full ownership to work with various teams to resolve any production related incidents.
• Be actively involved in the planning & implementation of new projects.
• Interface with Vendors and Internal Global Teams to ensure the environment conforms to the current standards.
• Manage Business Continuance in relation to Disaster Recovery.
• Maintain System high reliability, availability and resiliency levels.
• Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd Level Support for the production Environments
• Proactive System Performance Monitoring and capacity management
• Perform system upgrades and mandatory security/OS patching.
• Provide 24*7 On call support based on rotation within the team
• Perform thorough morning checks on all critical applications using existing tools or scripts.
• Strictly abide and follow the company policy and procedures pertaining to change and incident management.
• Responsible for ensuring that all systems are deployed consistent with group standards and best practices.
• Incident and Problem management: take ownership and work with team to resolve production related issues.
• Follow groups standard security practices within the environment.
• Maintain an accurate and current hardware and infrastructure software inventory.
How do you qualify?
To qualify for the WVD Engineer role with our Downtown Vancouver client, you must have:
• Expert knowledge of Azure Windows Virtual Desktop
• Expert knowledge of image deployment and updates for Azure WVD
• Expert knowledge in the backup/restore of WVDs
• Expert knowledge of Azure Cloud Powershell
• Good knowledge of FsLogix
• Good knowledge of MSIX packaging for Azure WVD
• 5 to 7 years managing Citrix Xendesktop / XenApp architecture and components
• Expert knowledge of Citrix Xendesktop 7.X architecture and components
• Expert knowledge of Citrix Netscaler 10.X and above technology
• Software Engineering and Support for multiple products such as:
• Microsoft operating system (Win 7, 64bit & Win 10), Office Suite, Microsoft Development tools (Visual Studio, etc.), Adobe products, Web Based apps, etc.
• Expert knowledge of Windows OS components and technologies such as Windows Registries, PowerShell etc.
• Good knowledge of smart cards or other two factor technologies and its integration with CITRIX clients.
• Good knowledge of Active Directory (group membership)
• Good working knowledge of implementation of SSL Certificates
• Good understanding of Firewall rule implementation & troubleshooting.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Project Management and Documentation skills.
If this sounds like you, then the WVD Engineer role with our Downtown Vancouver client could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Please contact Apurva Shaw with your resume at:
View Original Source Source