Word Processing Operator – RCMP #230
Closing Date: December 14, 2020
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for a Temporary, Part-Time Word Processing Operator – RCMP at the City of Kamloops! Work involves operation of various pieces of transcription and word processing equipment. Using transcription equipment, the incumbent transcribes oral statements made to the RCMP. The job involves a very high degree of visual and audio concentration, sustained typing accuracy, and includes occasional pressures of volumes of work and adherence to deadlines. The incumbent is accountable for the care, accuracy and attention to detail to ensure quality transcribed materials and the satisfactory provision of confidential word processing services.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Precisely transcribes oral statements collected by the RCMP.
- Keys, formats, edits, merges, and thoroughly proofreads word processing documents, including general forms and statements.
- Determines user department printed output requirements, selects appropriate method of process, programming and machine instruction, and edits and proofreads programs from video display unit, digital devices or from printed output.
- Operates several pieces of transcription, word processing equipment, word processing operating programs, Dictaphone, and/or digital transcription equipment and auxiliary support systems; assists with determining solutions to equipment and statement taking problems.
- Maintains statement files, prepares statement logs and monthly statistical reports.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of secondary school or its equivalent.
- Proficient in intermediate Word and basic Excel, as demonstrated through testing. A 70% pass rate is required.
- Minimum six months’ previous office experience in word processing or administrative assistant services.
- Demonstrated typing speed of 60 net wpm.
- Must currently hold an RCMP Secret Security Clearance.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check.
Note that this is a temporary, part-time position until approximately March 31, 2021 or return of the incumbent.
Refer to Articles 19(g) and (h) in the City of Kamloops/CUPE 900 Collective Agreement regarding Benefit Allowance and Eligibility.
CUPE Inside 6
Hours & Days of Work
Week One: Saturday & Sunday 8:00-4:00pm Week Two: Sunday 8:00-4:00pm
Hours per Week
7 to 14 hours per week
City of Kamloops -> Community and Protective Services -> RCMP
Client Support Services Supervisor
December 14, 2020
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.
View Original Source Source