We have an immediate opening for a full-time Web / CMS developer.
We’re Canada’s leading ExpressionEngine and Craft CMS design and development firm. You’ll be using the latest tools and technologies, working on interesting and meaningful projects from social media to shopping carts to saving society.
The best applicant will have many of the following skills at the “Very Fine”, “Near Mint” or “Mint” level, in something approximating this order:
* ExpressionEngine / Craft CMS / WordPress
* HTML / CSS / SASS
* MySQL / MariaDB
* Common Web service APIs
* Server administration (LAMP stack)
* Web hosting and DNS management, especially AWS
In addition, experience with Google Analytics, with SEO, with using version control systems (Git, natch), with unit testing, and with building mobile / responsive websites, will be considered big checkmarks in the “Pro” column.
What are the other requirements?
* Self-starter with healthy curiosity
* Tenacious attitude towards problem solving
* From “a few” to “many” years of experience working in Web development
* Good at hitting deadlines with a thump
* Excellent written communication skills – you will be in direct contact with clients
* A long-term interest in keeping on top of technology trends and tools
* Try not to have the same username as anyone we’ve previously hired
Who can apply?
* You must want a permanent position i.e. not part-time or contract
* You must be able to start immediately i.e. you can give standard notice now
* You should be able to work in Canada, but this is not a deal-breaker
* You are set up to work from home, and live in (or live the lifestyle of) a North American timezone. We’re in Pacific, Mountain and Central, having gone to an all-virtual office last summer, and we want this position to share common work hours.
* In addition to plentiful benefits, bonuses and vacation, this position is currently budgeted in the range of $66,000 – $76,000.
Who are we?
* We’re a 2002-founded company with a stable staff, established history and plenty of growth potential.
* We work on meaningful projects that change lives and improve society.
* We’re fun to work for, and our deep client roster is full of excellent humans to work with as well; there are no waterfall death marches here.
* We are mostly based in Vancouver, and we offer an open, collaborative, startup-esque work culture, with the benefits of working remotely.
* We pay a competitive wage tied to experience but not dependent on your previous jobs.
* We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Or anything else.
To apply, send us a cover letter, your resume, and links to websites you’ve built and/or examples of code you’ve written (i.e. your github account). Send this to email@example.com.
And don’t send your resume as a Word document. We mean it.
We thank all applicants for their interest,
however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
View Original Source Source