North Salt Spring
North Salt Spring Waterworks District
North Salt Spring Waterworks District is seeking a new Waterworks Technician.
Located in the beautiful Southern Gulf Islands, Salt Spring Island is a vibrant, active rural community and a great place to live. Surrounded by the Salish Sea, the area offers a year-round mild climate with a broad selection of pursuits for the outdoor enthusiast. Amenities and services include excellent elementary and secondary schools, a hospital, library, renowned arts and culinary options, and health and wellness retreats. Greater Victoria and the Cowichan Valley are both just a short ferry ride away.
The mission of the NSSWD is “to provide potable water within the NSSWD boundaries in an efficient and sustainable manner.” This encompasses residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional users or approximately 5,500 people within the District boundaries. The NSSWD also operates six other regional district and improvement district water systems under contract.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Waterworks Technician plays a key role in ensuring and facilitating high quality water production and distribution in the NSSWD and other districts as assigned. This position works within the Operations department and supports a variety of functions including Quality Control, Project Coordination, Documentation, and support to both the Operations Manager and the Operations teams. While not having formal supervisory responsibility, this position provides leadership in numerous aspects of operations, as outlined below.
To succeed in this position you must have:
- Knowledge and understanding of water treatment and water distribution systems.
- Excellent communications (verbal and written), interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills including meeting project outcomes and deliverables on schedule and within project budget.
- Knowledge of the standard methods, procedures, practices, techniques, tools, and equipment used in waterworks design, construction, operation, and maintenance.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, Water Engineering Technology or equivalent and minimum six (6) years of directly related experience in a waterworks environment.
- Valid BC Driver’s License and satisfactory criminal record check.
- Registration with the Applied Science Technologist and Technicians of British Columbia.
- Training in Water Quality, Water Treatment , Environmental Technology or in a relevant science such as biology or environmental science.
If you are ready to take on this challenging and rewarding role, forward your resume and cover letter to Tall Cedars Search, by Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2021. A Supplementary Information Package can be obtained from the Consultant, which includes a complete job description, benefits, and details of the compensation.
Please feel welcome to request the package by email, and following that to discuss the position with the undersigned:
View Original Source Source