District of Peachland
Water Treatment Operator
The District of Peachland, a vibrant and growing community of approximately 5,400 located on the shores of Okanagan Lake between Kelowna and Penticton, is currently recruiting for a permanent full- time Water Treatment Operator.
Reporting to the Operations Leadhand, this position is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all aspects of the District’s new Level IV water treatment facility as well as assisting within the water distribution system as required.
Key Job Duties / Functions
- Operate and maintain water treatment facilities in an effective and efficient manner
- Evaluate and maintain material, equipment and supplies for continuous operation of the water treatment facility
- Ensure processes and finished water are in compliance with all applicable regulations
- Respond to and resolve emergencies within both the water treatment and distribution systems
- Develop and initiate preventative maintenance, asset management and plant safety programs
- Administer the District’s Cross Connection Control program
- Required to enter into after-hours standby rotation
Hours of Work
The normal work day shall consist of a scheduled period of up to eight consecutive hours of work and the normal work week shall consist of up to five consecutive days, followed by two consecutive days off. The regular shift for this position is Monday – Friday.
This is a CUPE Local 608 Position with a comprehensive benefits package and pay rate of $35.35
- High school graduation
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license
- EOCP Level IV water treatment (WT) or ability to achieve within one year and Level II water distribution (WD) certifications
- Confined space entry certification
- Cross Connection Control tester or administration certificate
- Chlorine handling certification through the BC Water and Waste Association (or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years operating a Class III or higher WT system
- Minimum 3 years operating a Class II or higher WD system
- Experience working in a dissolved air flotation / filtration plant with hypochlorite and UV disinfection is an asset.
Please submit application indicating “Water Treatment Operator” by 4:00 PM November 6th, 2020 To:
Polly Palmer, Director of Corporate Services
5806 Beach Avenue
Peachland, BC V0H 1X7
or Email: email@example.com
View Original Source Source