Water and Wastewater Operator I #216
Closing Date: November 10, 2020
Do you want an exciting opportunity to work with the most challenging water and wastewater systems in North America? Check out this opportunity! This permanent, full-time position involves operating, monitoring and maintenance of the sanitary sewer collection system, the water distribution system, and the stormwater collection system. The incumbent is required to exercise constant care in the performance of duties to ensure the safety of co workers and the public.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Records and performs sampling and analysis within the current standard methods for the examination of wastewater, domestic water, and groundwater.
- Obtains operational and analytical data to ensure that all governmental and operational guidelines and regulations are consistently adhered to and reports any inconsistencies to the Utility Services Supervisor, Chief Operator and Assistant Chief Operator.
- Obtains and records operational data and laboratory results and reports findings to the Utility Services Supervisor Chief Operator and Assistant Chief Operator.
- Maintains accurate records and reports for the Utility Services Division and other government agencies.
- Responsible for the installation, reading, and maintenance of the domestic and commercial water meters.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
** All requirements must comply with the Operator Certification Program Guidelines as laid out by the British Columbia Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) Society.
- Completion of senior secondary school or its equivalent.
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence – Class 5 or equivalent.
- Valid BC EOCP Level II Certifications in the following:
- Wastewater Collection; and
- Water Distribution.
Note: The above certifications include a combination of education and experience as determined by the Environmental Operations Certification Program (EOCP). Typically, three years’ experience is required for each Level II certification.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check.
You are entitled to a comprehensive benefits package with this position.
Hours & Days of Work
Monday to Friday
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Winter)/7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Summer)
Hours per Week
City of Kamloops -> Civic Operations -> Utility Services
Utility Services Supervisor – Operations
November 10, 2020
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.
View Original Source Source