Watch Clerk #286
Closing Date: February 22, 2021
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for multiple Permanent, Full-Time Watch Clerks with the City of Kamloops RCMP division! This position performs a wide variety of administrative duties to assist the RCMP detachment teams.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Performs a wide variety of administrative duties to assist the RCMP Detachment teams and the Watch Commander, including operating non-emergency RCMP Detachment switchboard and radio and telephone equipment.
- Data entry in PRIME, JUSTIN, File Tracker, and CPIC computer operating systems and performs a review of general duty operational files to assist the RCMP Watch Commander to ensure PRIME policy is adhered to.
- Enters and confirms all CPIC records, including property and people’s records and arrest warrants, when requested by an investigator or Watch Commander.
- Assists in the preparation of documentation required for obtaining search warrants and for custody information and other court related documents.
- Screens or monitors various calls and complaints through telecoms, switchboard, RCMP Clerks, or the public, and may provide backup relief for switchboard RCMP Clerks if required or urgent in nature.
The successful applicant must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of senior secondary school or its equivalent.
- Proficient in intermediate Word and intermediate Excel, as demonstrated through testing.
- Proficient in alphanumeric data entry, as demonstrated through testing (70% pass rate required).
- Minimum of two years’ previous experience within the last five years in a law enforcement environment.
- Demonstrated typing speed of 45 net words per minute.
- Ability to successfully complete and pass all required courses offered on the job (such as PRIME, CPIC, firearms safety or its equivalent, etc.).
- Ability to obtain and maintain RCMP Reliability Security Clearance.
More than one may be hired.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check. A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position.
CUPE Inside 9
Hours & Days of Work
2 days – 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
2 nights – 6:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.
Hours per Week
City of Kamloops -> Community and Protective Services -> RCMP
Records Management Systems Supervisor
February 22, 2021
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.
View Original Source Source