Volunteer System Coordinator
Position Status: Auxiliary (This position to last not later than December 31, 2021)
Department: Parks & Environment
Employee Group: Teamsters Local 31
Location: 4730 Kingsway
Salary Range/ Wage Rate: PG 16 $1,911.10 – $ 2,246.05 bi-weekly
Our Parks & Environment Department is seeking a Volunteer System Coordinator (VSC) who will strengthen and build the base of diverse, dedicated volunteers through a structured, consistent volunteer management approach, in order to more fully engage volunteers in Metro Vancouver Regional Parks. The VSC will ensure consistent, system wide volunteer management including recruitment initiatives, promotion, communications, recognition, retention, and managing the centralized database. The VSC will collaborate with various staff teams and provide administration support, and oversee initial volunteer intake. This position will serve different functions for different teams, and the successful incumbent will consult with the various teams to determine the role the VSC may play for them.
You are: A creative thinker with sound judgement and excellent communication skills. You are a motivated and results oriented individual who excels at organizing, coordinating, tracking and completing multiples task and can easily navigate changing priorities. If you want to gain valuable experience in a fast paced environment and are available to work evenings and weekends as needed, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Helps screen new volunteers; identifies opportunities; refers volunteers to relevant staff; and tracks volunteers in a database.
- Facilitates recruitment initiatives; and utilizes tools including web pages, volunteer placement boards, information sessions, volunteer fairs and other networking opportunities.
- Promotes volunteer opportunities; oversees initial application and intake; and offers administrative support.
- Primary administrator of the centralized volunteer management database; assists with configuration of forms and templates; posts volunteer opportunities; monitors volunteer program requirements; creates shifts and schedules for volunteers; and runs reports when data is required.
- Facilitates organizational orientation and messaging to volunteers; and manages volunteer communications.
- Ensures Criminal Records Checks (CRC) are completed when necessary, and filed securely; monitors expiry dates; facilitates repayment of the CRC costs to volunteers.
- Researches best practices for volunteer recognition, ensuring recognition and efforts are in line with best practices.
- Ensures retention efforts are in alignment with best practices.
- Works with a variety of staff to facilitate their work with volunteers.
- Performs related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of a post-secondary program in a discipline related to the work, plus sound related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Sound knowledge of regional park facilities, usage patterns and activities.
- Sound knowledge of the functions and requirements of the department and of the by-laws, regulations, policies and procedures related to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of modern office and recordkeeping methods and practices, including the use and application of various software applications and related equipment.
- Ability to participate in matching and placing volunteers, provide orientation and monitor work performance of same.
- Ability to use software applications and computer systems and to develop and implement customized applications using same.
- Ability to prepare promotional and information materials and to participate in marketing activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts and to provide advice, information and assistance to the same.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform a variety of record keeping functions, and to prepare related reports.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by February 4, 2021.
View Original Source Source