Victim Services Program Coordinator
Competition # 21-024
Status: Regular Full Time CUPE
Department: Police Services
Closing: February 28, 2021
Come grow with The City of Maple Ridge! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication and customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
This position oversees the Ridge Meadows RCMP Victim Services program and is responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation, and day-to-day administration of the program, which provides immediate crisis intervention and follow-up support, information and referrals to victims and witnesses of crime and trauma. The successful candidate will supervise staff and manages a team of volunteers to ensure their direction and training. The successful candidate also liaises with other community and social agencies on matters related to program delivery; promotes internal and external awareness of the program and of clients’ needs; and prepares a variety of reports related to the work. The work involves considerable independence of action and judgement in directing the activities of the Victim Services program and in functioning effectively under conditions of emergency and conflict.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of a two-year diploma in the field of social sciences and courses in crisis intervention, conflict resolution and victim support, plus sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of program objectives, policies and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of crisis intervention practices and techniques related to the work.
- Sound knowledge of services available through community agencies and organizations.
- Sound knowledge of court and police procedures as they relate to the work.
- Sound knowledge of computer software applications related to the work performed.
- Ability to coordinate, implement and direct a victim services program, and to evaluate the effectiveness of same.
- Ability to recruit, interview, select, train and motivate a small volunteer group and to supervise the work of one or more subordinates.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external contacts including community groups.
- Ability to present ideas effectively orally and in writing, recommend program policy, develop training materials, make presentations, and prepare a variety of records, reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Ability to provide direct crisis intervention and follow-up services to victims of crime, trauma and family problems.
LICENCES AND CERTIFICATES
- RCMP Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance.
- Class 5 Driver’s Licence for the Province of British Columbia.
This position has recently become part of the CUPE Local 622 bargaining unit. The Employer and Union are currently working on a Letter of Understanding (LOU) regarding the terms and conditions of employment.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source