City of Surrey
Victim Services Caseworker
The City of Surrey’s RCMP Surrey Detachment currently has an opportunity for an auxiliary Victim Services Caseworker. Victim Services provides victims and witnesses of a crime or traumatic event with information and emotional support through coordinated and supportive Victim community and Criminal Justice System networks. Victim Services personnel are committed to providing services in a professional and sensitive manner, while adhering to all mandated policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Provide direct emergency crisis support to victims and witnesses of crime and other trauma at scene, in office, or at another location as the situation demands.
- Provide emotional support to help clients navigate their crime and trauma experience.
- Prepare and maintain required records, documentation and correspondence.
- Provide information about the criminal justice system
- Provide information about available community resources and financial benefits.
- Update clients on the progress of cases through the criminal justice system, including police, court and corrections system.
- Assist RCMP Members with next-of-kin notifications.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager
- Office environment as well as field work e.g. attendance at crime scenes and court.
- Victim Services Caseworker position works day shifts and night shifts up to 12 hours on weekends and weekdays.
- Completed grade 12 supplemented by a post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field plus a minimum of one year’s related experience OR completion of several related post-secondary courses plus 3 years directly related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A valid class 5 BC driver’s license with a safe driving history is required.
- Obtain and maintain an RCMP Reliability Security Clearance throughout their employment with the RCMP Surrey Detachment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at Surrey.ca/careers
View Original Source Source