Position: Vice President
Salary: $60,000 per annum
Employment Type: Full-time, permanent
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, including occasionally weekends and evenings
Work Location: 108-3800 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver V6S 2L9
The position plays a key role in the Uhubor senior management team in collaboration with instructors and staff. Manage daily operation and administrative activities, in particular, teaching arrangement, quality control, safety and risk management. Reports directly to Managing Director/Principal. Works in collaboration with other senior management team members.
Uhubor Education – Located within the beautiful and sprawling campus of the University of British Columbia, is one of the best education platforms in the Metro Vancouver. The company is dedicated and committed towards nurturing young students to become the leaders of tomorrow. Our programs are individually tailored to the specific characteristics and needs of each student, including services such as course training, college planning, school applications, and study abroad guidance.
Our Team: is comprised of individuals with a strong passion for teaching and understanding of the Chinese community, veteran professors, caring parents, as well as university students who have achieved academic success and outstanding leadership in community activities.
Our Advantage: Utilizing the resources of various prestigious North American education institutions along with personally tailored growth and developmental plans for each student, we aim to help each student reach their maximum potential and create a better tomorrow.
• Application guidance for prestigious schools across the USA, Canada, Asia and the EU
• Application and interview guidance for top private high schools in the USA and Canada
• Develop and implement individualized plans for each student’s target institutions and majors
• Access students’ academic needs and provide private instruction to improve educational performance
• Help students develop study skills to support learning success
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Work closely with the Managing Director/Principal on a daily basis to ensure the school’s mission and philosophy is met including evaluating, enhancing and expanding academic offerings
• Implement the school’s development and improvement plans, monitoring and providing support as necessary to ensure that the school meets its goals and objectives.
• Staff scheduling and approve leave
• Review existing programs and curriculum and make recommendations for improvements or add new programs when necessary
• Plan events for teachers to create a positive working environment
• Develop and monitor a comprehensive professional development plan for all teachers that include orientation and mentoring of new teachers on school policies, standards and mission.
• Mentor young faculty and support their teaching, personal growth and development
• Collect feedback from parents and students to improve class learning
• Other duties as assigned by the Managing Director/Principal
• Bachelor’s degree or higher degree completed
• At least 5 years of managing experience in school or education institution
• At least 5 years classroom teaching experience
• Ability to develop and implement curriculum
• Ability to develop cooperative and constructive working relationships
• Excellent organizational, leadership, and problem-solving skills
• Familiar with Asian education market
• Must be able to work under pressure and in a fast pace and multi-tasking work environment
• Willing to work on holidays, some evenings or weekends
UHUBOR hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply. We especially welcome applications from members of visible minority groups, women, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to engage productively with diverse communities. Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Person: Angela Fan
View Original Source Source