We are looking for someone with a background in Sewing and production support:
The Utility Sewer, ss guided by a written production plan that may include production tickets or load sheets, operates sewing equipment to produce upholstered components for mattresses and boxsprings. May be assigned to a variety of sewing tasks including serging, labeling or sewing. Operator is trained to do some cleaning, preventive maintenance and adjustments on the equipment. Entry rate is $17.50/hour however after completing all training and achieving the production standard for the position the rate increases to $18.50/hour. Suggest – previous industrial sewing experience in a production environment.
What you need to know about the Job:
1. Check load sheet for first priority loading
2. Get quilted panels for truck selected and place on load cart.
3. Get gusset’s and place onto load cart.
4. Inspection and repair of quilted panels.
5. Sort panel border
6. Sort and Stage product for Matt build
7. Scan all lawtages
8. Place cart into finished goods holding area for department
9. Perform related duties as assigned.
1) Weekly Paychecks
2) Structured growth and training plan
3) Benefits after probation
4) Transit Friendly Location
1. Ability to read, write and understand English
2. Basic Math skills are required
3. Production line experience helpful, but not required
4. Attention to detail is a must.
5. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, repetitively in a safe manner
6. Able to perform continuous physical exertion including lifting, bending, loading.
Please reply to this ad with resume attached. Only candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.
View Original Source Source