Requisition ID: 22093
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation is accepting applications from qualified individuals to be added to a pool of Utility Maintenance Worker I’s (UMW I) to join our auxiliary team. This role will provide qualified candidates an opportunity to work in and across a diverse portfolio of facilities and spaces in the City, including several 2010 Olympic venues.
Qualified candidates will be assessed on the basis of their skills, knowledge and abilities, and may be selected for an interview should they meet the qualifications and requirements of the position and a vacant opportunity exists.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for maintaining building standards and monitoring building security and safety, the UMW I is responsible for a variety of functions related to the operation and service of swimming pools, pool chemical controllers, pumps, filtration and related equipment, in addition to performing routine to skilled maintenance, repair and cleaning of the City’s pools and community/recreation facilities.
The successful candidates must be prepared to work in various park and recreation locations within the organization. Candidates must have availability to meet a variety of shift requirements including: morning, day, afternoon, night and weekends.
Applicants must attach a copy of the required certifications to their application.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a recognized certification program in Building Service Work and some related experience
- Pool Operator Level I and II
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of water filtration equipment and disinfection systems.
- Working knowledge of the materials, methods and equipment used in janitorial and building maintenance work.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the general public and users of the facilities to ensure observance of the rules and regulations.
- Ability to observe equipment in operation and report on any malfunctions.
- Ability to operate ice resurfacing and water filtration equipment and any other tools or equipment associated with the work.
- Good health and strength sufficient to perform a variety of manual tasks in janitorial and building maintenance work.
- Above average manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
Business Unit/Department: Board of Parks & Recreation (1400)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Parks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: November 2020
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-014: $24.36 to $28.55 per hour
Application Close: Friday November 20, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source