Town of Qualicum Beach
Competition No. 2021-02
The Town of Qualicum Beach is seeking applications for the position of Utility IV in the Public Works Department on a permanent full-time basis.
- Completion of a variety of tasks related to the construction, maintenance, operation and administration of municipal water and sewer utilities, roads, buildings and grounds, machinery and equipment, sidewalks, and infrastructure
- Focus on water-related duties including, but not limited to:
- Monitoring and maintenance of pumps and wells; conducting repairs as required
- Monitoring and maintenance of ultra violet disinfection equipment
- Collection of water samples for analysis
- Chlorine handling and testing, including disinfection and cleaning
- Operation of the SCADA system and interpretation of information
- Other related duties as assigned
Required qualifications include:
- Completion of Grade 12, plus technological training at a recognized institution, including courses related to public works operations, and municipal plan reading.
- Environmental Operators Certificate Program (EOCP):
- Water Distribution Level II required; EOCP Distribution Level III preferred;
- EOCP Water Treatment Level I required; EOCP Water Treatment II preferred.
- Chlorination certificate as issued by a recognized certification program;
- Class 5 Driver’s License with a safe driving record;
- Physical capability to safely complete continuous manual labour (e.g. bending, shoveling, lifting, pushing/pulling, etc) in all weather conditions;
- Ability to use computer applications such as Microsoft applications and AssetFinda;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, particularly when dealing with the public;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team as well as independently; and
- Focus on safety.
- Note: an equivalent combination of education, experience, and knowledge will be considered if deemed acceptable by the employer.
The terms and conditions of employment are covered by the CUPE Local 401 Collective Agreement. The rate of pay is $34.33/hr. Successful applicants will be expected to work 40 hours/week and may include weekends.
Please submit a resume and cover letter, along with copies of relevant certificates to:
Colleen Rehor, Human Resources
#201 – 660 Primrose Street, P.O. Box 130
Qualicum Beach, BC V9K 1S7
Deadline for Applications: February 3, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source