Utilities Services Operator #236
Closing Date: December 17, 2020
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for a Permanent, Full-Time position in the Utilities Division with the City of Kamloops! We are currently seeking a Utility Services Operator who will be exposed to a variety of tasks within the Utilities Maintenance and Construction sections. This position performs semi- skilled work of a varied nature under the limited supervision of a Lead Hand, Crew Leader, or Supervisor. Work involves the safe driving, operation, routine maintenance, and lubrication of large mobile/tandem equipment (including the changing of attachments) used in construction and maintenance. Work also involves assisting with the installation, repair, and maintenance of wastewater, drainage, and water systems.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Performs or assists in the repair, installation, and maintenance of water, wastewater, and drainage systems including, but not limited to:
- water valve exercising
- hydrant flow testing
- hydrant maintenance
- vegetation management
- infrastructure inspection
- assisting Pipefitter/Layers
- assisting Equipment Operator IVs in the operation of maintenance and construction equipment
- Operates mobile equipment on public streets including tandem-axle dump trucks.
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operates front-end loader to fill trucks as required.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Completion of BC EOCP OIT (Operator in Training) certificate (or higher level) in Water Distribution or Wastewater Collection. OR One year’s previous experience performing water, sewer, or drainage installation, repair, or maintenance with the ability to obtain BC EOCP level I certification.
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence – Class 3 with air brake endorsement or equivalent.
Note that more than one may be hired.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check.
A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position.
CUPE Outside 9
Hours & Days of Work
Monday to Friday
7:00am – 3:00pm (Summer) 8:00am – 4:00pm (Winter)
Hours per Week
City of Kamloops -> Civic Operations -> Utility Services
Utilities Services Supervisor – Maintenance
December 17, 2020
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.
View Original Source Source