City of Surrey
Urban Design Planner (Planner 1)
(Project: Up to 2-Years)
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
We are looking to add to our team of passionate, knowledgeable, and innovative multidisciplinary professionals an Urban Design Planner, who will play a key role on Urban Design matters. If you are interested in a career that offers challenge and opportunities, we encourage you to keep reading.
This role will work closely with our team on a variety of developments throughout the City.
- Using your knowledge of Urban Design you will work closely with the City Architect and lend your expertise to a variety of developments including, but not limited to, commercial and mixed use development, industrial and business parks, and multifamily residential projects.
- You embrace new opportunities for growth and thrive working within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Your excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer relationship management skills will be critical as you engage with many stakeholders, including Developers, Architects, Consultants, internal staff, external organizations and agencies and the public
- Your exceptional organizational skills will aid you in reviewing multiple design-related applications with ambitious timelines and assisting the City Architect with presentation and meeting preparation.
- Your urban design and professional experience will greatly aid you in undertaking studies on design and other planning related issues.
- As an applicant under consideration you will have a at a minimum completion of Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline (Urban Design, Architecture, Planning), plus 4 years of experience in the planning profession. OR
- A Master’s Degree in a related discipline (Urban Design, Architecture, Planning), plus 2 years of experience in the planning profession. OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Courses recognized by the Canadian Institute of Planners or with the Architectural Institute of BC as fulfilling the requirement for membership.
- A valid and unrestricted driver’s license is required.
- Extensive directly related urban design experience in a public sector development application process is considered a strong asset.
- Strong knowledge of Sketchup, Illustrator an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at Surrey.ca/careers
View Original Source Source