Our client is looking to add a strong Property and Casualty Underwriter to their growing team. The role will be based out of their Vancouver office with remote work also included.
Working closely with internal teams, you will be accountable for assessing, evaluating and making decisions about risks for both new and existing customers. Reporting to the Branch Manager, this position is responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of a profitable portfolio of desirable business through marketing, analysis, sales, service and underwriting. Our exceptional and motivated employees are our greatest strength. Our employees provide the highest level of customer service and help maintain our position as a leader in the marketplace and we seek like-minded individuals to join our team.
If you are interested in the role and feel you would be a good fit please review the job spec below and follow the instructions to apply. Thanks!
– Work-life balance with flexible work hours;
– Support of continuing education training and programs;
– Comprehensive Health Benefits;
– Produce and underwrite new and renewal business by assessing the risk, pricing, choosing the appropriate market/company, preparing a final quote and sending it to the broker; to consistently achieve budgeted financial results (premium, loss ratio, retention, commissions, pricing, new business, premium collection, and expense management) through execution of market segment strategies.
– Interact and collaborate with a team of market segment colleagues and other critical internal/external business associates.
– Underwriter is responsible for assessing, loss analyzing, negotiating, rating, and issuing new business, renewals and endorsements for an assigned portfolio based on the company’s underwriting pricing and guidelines.
– Produce policy changes and endorsement by underwriting, pricing and issuing policies;
– Establish and maintain professional working relationships with markets/companies and brokers through telephone conversations and one-to-one meetings (as may be required);
– Overall administration of assigned accounts from submission to expiration;
– Corresponding directly with brokers and other external contacts;
– Collaborating and corresponding verbally and in writing with internal support teams;
– Performing quality control of rating, coding, and issuance output to ensure accuracy of work (e.g. exposure bases, limits, coverage extensions, modifications, data entry, etc.);
– Mentor / train junior underwriter(s) and technical assistant(s);
– Continuously manage a book of business (maintain quality of business required by market segment strategy).
– Accountable for accurate underwriting documentation/ information in account management systems and adherence to documentation standards.
– Customer interaction focuses on meeting customer expectations for response time and knowledge of products and business.
– Demonstrate operational excellence by complying with Best Practices, and managing desk to meet customer expectations.
– Work strategically and tactically with brokers to ensure an appropriate level of understanding of company goals and objectives.
– Conduct self in a professional manner both internally and externally
– Identify, analyze and develop sources of new business; assists in developing marketing strategies for new or improved products.
– Partner with peers in other product lines to leverage multi-line opportunities.
– Establish and maintain superior business and service-oriented partnerships with broker partners through; regular and frequent attendance communication and service standards.
– Maintain market intelligence, business insurance trends and industry knowledge.
– 3+ years of commercial property, casualty and/or liability underwriting experience
– Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or; CIP or FCIP designation or equivalent
– Expertise and depth in policy wordings, forms and applicable coverage
– Relationship management skills proven through established broker relationships
– Demonstrated track record of generating new business premium.
Two easy ways to apply:
1. E-mail resume to Joanne: email@example.com
2. Apply online: http://www.randstad.ca
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.
Web Posting Preview (English)
View Original Source Source