Trucked Liquid Waste/First Aid Attendant
Position Status: Full-Time Temporary – (This position to last not later than September 10, 2021)
Department: Liquid Waste Services
Employee Group: GVRDEU
Location: Iona WWTP
Salary Range/ Wage Rate: $2,380.00 bi-weekly plus 6.25% deferred compensation
Our Liquid Waste Services Department is seeking a Trucked Liquid Waste/First Aid Attendant who will oversee and maintain the trucked liquid waste facility. Communicating and directing truck drivers will be a significant component of this role, as will be providing first aid coverage for a diverse work environment
You are a self-motivated, hardworking individual that wants to work in a collaborative work environment. You possess strong organizational and computer skills.
This role: (The duties described hereunder are intended to be representative of the position and are not to be considered all inclusive.)
- Oversees all Tank Truck discharges at various locations and ensures that all carriers perform safe work practices and obey regulations while at the plant.
- Identifies and verifies the origin and type of domestic or commercial liquid waste in accordance with sewer use by laws prior to allowing carriers to discharge at the facility.
- Takes samples and performs simple tests to ensure waste meets requirement for discharge as authorized Source Control. Notifies Supervisor and Source Control in the event that waste does not meet requirements.
- Contacts waste generators at random to confirm pickup of waste by a carrier.
- Determines rates based on a fee schedule and prepares bills for carriers accordingly. Prepares summary sheets for billing and Source Control records.
- Operates facility to ensure efficient operation of tanks. Flushes tanks, performs maintenance and arranges for tank cleaning as required. Performs routine maintenance of pumps and drains. Maintain facility and office in a clean and safe condition through proper housekeeping. Performs other related maintenance tasks.
- Assist other plant personnel working in the vicinity of the facility.
- Acts as the designated first aid attendant, responds to first aid emergencies and provides first aid services. Maintains first aid records, supplies and first aid room.
To be successful, you have:
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License.
- Current Occupational First Aid Level II certificate.
- Ability to update, check, and maintain a variety of records, files and logs. Knowledge and experience with computer applications.
- Experience with operation of valves and pumping equipment.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and be able to deal with the public in a courteous and effective manner.
- May be required to work on weekends.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by February 23, 2021.
View Original Source Source