Treatment Plant Process Operator – Water Training #232
Closing Date: December 31, 2020
An exciting and challenging permanent, full-time opportunity exists to work at a state of the art membrane water treatment facility. Check out this amazing training opportunity position with the City of
Kamloops which will allow the successful candidate to gain on the job experience and certifications to become fully qualified in the future.
The successful candidate performs highly skilled operational and maintenance work of a complex nature under the limited supervision of the Utility Services Supervisor – Treatment Facilities (Supervisor) or Chief Operator – Water Treatment (Chief Operator). Work involves providing highly technical advice and consultation to the Supervisor and Chief Operator in order to ensure the treated water produced by the plant meets or exceeds all regulatory requirements.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Monitors all SCADA systems through observation of gauges, meters, and control panels to ensure proper plant operation and maintain control of flow, chemical feed rates, processing of residuals, and treated water distribution.
- Visually inspects plant equipment daily and reviews process data to ensure proper functioning, troubleshoots sophisticated control systems, and recommends corrective action when required.
- Compiles process data, prepares electronic reports, and completes logs detailing plant operation, ensuring accurate completion of operational, maintenance, lab, and other records necessary to ensure all approval and minimum plant process requirements are met.
- Provides short-term coverage for unexpected operator vacancies (e.g. illness) and may fill in for the Chief Operator as required.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of EOCP Water Treatment Level II and minimum two years’ previous relevant related experience
- Must obtain EOCP Water Treatment Level III within 3 years of starting the position
- Must obtain EOCP Water Treatment Level IV within 5 years of starting the position
- Valid B.C. driver’s licence – Class 5 or equivalent.
- Proficient in intermediate Word and advanced Excel, as demonstrated through testing. 70% pass rate required.
This training opportunity is a permanent fulltime position.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check.
A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position.
Awarding of Training Opportunity
To be successful for this training opportunity, senior applicants must meet the above qualifications. Applicants are able to participate in a maximum of three training opportunities within the Department.
On-the-Job Experience and Training
The most senior qualified candidate for this opportunity will be gaining experience towards becoming a fully qualified Treatment Plant Process Operator – Water. The exact length of the training opportunity may vary based on the previous experience of the successful candidate and the length of the position, but will be a maximum of five years.
The successful applicant for this training opportunity will receive the pay rate of Pay Grade 11 (outside), $32.19 per hour to start. Upon successful completion of EOCP Water Treatment Level III, the incumbent will move to Pay Grade 12 (outside), $33.76 per hour. After successful completion of the Training Opportunity and achievement of EOCP Water Treatment Level IV, the incumbent will move to a Pay Grade 13 (outside), $36.04 per hour as a fully qualified Treatment Process Plant Operator – Water.
For further information on the Treatment Plant Process Operator – Water fully qualified position please see the attached job description.
For further information on the terms and conditions of the training opportunity, please see the attached document.
Hours & Days of Work
Non normal shift Hours per Week 40
City of Kamloops -> Civic Operations -> Utility Services
Utilities Services Supervisor – Treatment
December 31, 2020
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.
View Original Source Source