Transportation Demand Management Coordinator
If you are civic minded and interested in making an impact on people and businesses on the beautiful North Shore, consider working for the District of North Vancouver.
Home to vast parkland and attractions including Grouse Mountain, Lynn Canyon and Capilano Suspension Bridge, the District is inspired by nature, and enriched by people. The District offers exciting professional development opportunities and a competitive total compensation package. We are a flexible, family-friendly employer with a compressed work week program (9-day fortnight) and an inclusive work-place culture. This is an exciting time to join the District, as we embark on a range of initiatives to transform digital service delivery, customer experience, and our approach to climate action.
The District of North Vancouver has a one year temporary full-time opportunity, with strong possibility for extension, available for a Transportation Demand Management Coordinator. You will be part of the Transportation team and will provide social marketing, communications and community outreach work in support of transportation demand management (TDM) initiatives to reduce single occupant vehicle use during peak periods by encouraging alternatives such as carpooling and the use of other transportation modes.
You will work with internal and external stakeholders to promote awareness of such activities and monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of promotional campaigns. This work involves research and the development and coordination of educational and promotional programs, projects and events. In addition you will be required to coordinate public consultation sessions and you will work with the communications department to develop communication and outreach materials.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Considerable independent judgement and action
- Considerable knowledge of the policies, practices, procedures, rules and regulations governing the work
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and techniques of community-based social marketing
- Sound knowledge of transportation demand management (TDM) principles and related regional plans
- Ability to deal effectively and authoritatively with a variety of internal and external contacts in processing inquiries and in providing a wide range of information
- Ability to initiate, develop, coordinate and evaluate outreach programs and to work with communications staff to prepare a variety of promotional and informational material
- Ability to research, interpret and analyze data and to provide recommendations on the basis of findings
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with a variety of contacts, including the community and the general public
- Ability to prepare and maintain reports and records related to the work
Applicants must possess a Diploma or Degree from a post-secondary institution in a discipline related to the work. A considerable amount of related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience will also be considered. A valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s Licence is required.
The pay range for this unionized position is $33.56 to $39.50 per hour (2021 rates). If you have what we’re looking for, and have a passion to serve people and the community, we would like to hear from you. Please apply on-line at https://careers.dnv.org by January 31, 2021.
We thank you for your interest in employment with the District of North Vancouver and advise that only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source