City of Surrey
Trades Improver 2 EOCP – Water Distribution Operator 2 – Hydrant Maintenance
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Skilled manual tasks involving considerable physical effort in the performance of maintenance to fire hydrants.
Union – CUPE Local 402 – Regular Full-Time.
- Locate various valves and hydrants using a water map book, and construction drawings.
- Repair damaged or faulty hydrants.
- Inspects and maintains valves and hydrants by following a standard operating procedure for hydrant maintenance (AWWA). Records information on hydrants.
- Clean out debris and brush around fire hydrants.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Assign and oversees the work of others.
- Assist crew members in performing their duties.
- Keep an inventory of and orders hydrant parts and components.
- Respond to inquiries from the public.
- Provide field services for Hydrant Use Permits.
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License with safe driving record.
- EOCP Level 1 certification in good standing.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
View Original Source Source