Temporary Local Government Internship
Term Completion May 31, 2021
Where Rivers Meet and Friends Gather – A Riverside Jewel Bursting with Charm & Hospitality
The Village of Telkwa is seeking a highly motivated, educated, enthusiastic and civic-minded graduate to learn and develop skills in government administration.
This paid internship program provides a high level of professional development and training that will prepare recent graduates for advancement opportunities and a fulfilling career in government administration.
If you are interested in a challenge and want to apply your education and job-ready skills, consider this extraordinary opportunity to gain experience working in Northern B.C., participate in rural government administration and create a meaningful and rewarding career path.
Intern requirements and qualifications:
- Completed a bachelor’s degree within the previous two years
- Students graduating in May 2021 are eligible (if studying on line)
- Undergraduate students can use the internship to complete their co-op terms, as long as they have completed all their other program requirements
- Graduate students are eligible if they are currently enrolled in or have recently completed their master’s program
- Diploma and certificate students are eligible if they have completed a two-year diploma or public administration certificate.
- Valid B.C. driver’s license
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory criminal reference check
This temporary internship is a term position (exempt) until May 31, 2021, from Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week. The wage is $24.73 per hour, plus 13% in lieu of benefits.
Candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter, copy of your post-secondary transcripts and two reference letters to the attention of:
Debbie Joujan, CAO
Village of Telkwa
Box 220, Telkwa, BC V0J 2X0
By email: email@example.com.
Application deadline is Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
View Original Source Source