Our global client is searching for a Systems Engineering Lead to join their Vancouver team.
As a Systems Engineer you will be involved in all areas of the IT Infrastructure operational activities (security, virtualization, Linux/Windows server environments, network, storage etc.), and take actions to ensure maximum performance, availability and reliability of the supported platform/technology.
It is important to note that they will also have solid experience in other fields of systems engineering and be able to assist in these areas when required, as this is a compact and agile team.
Our client is seeking to hire ASAP an experienced specialist who will work directly with its Infrastructure teams!
-A competitive market salary
– Paid vacation leave
– Medical coverage
This role has primary focus on the adoption of cloud, containerization, build automation and infrastructure-as-code, working in tandem with DevOps to identify and implement the most optimal and secure transition and further design of cloud services.
It also shares the ownership with other Systems Engineers for the security and administration of the network systems that include Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Cloud connectivity, Wireless, PBX platform and core infrastructure services.
– Proven experience in the strategy, design, development, and implementation of large-scale projects in AWS and Azure cloud for Compute, Network and Storage
– In depth understanding and experience in network architecture design including network segmentation strategies, and cloud connectivity
– Demonstrated experience with network services, routing and protocols: OSPF, BGP, DHCP, NTP, DNS, CIFS, NFS, SNMP, IKE/IPSec, RADIUS including use of and interaction with Active Directory
– Knowledge of information life-cycle management concepts and best practices
– Ability to design, code, test and enhance scripts for automation and management of architecture services (e.g. Python, Shell, Powershell)
– Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, sound work methodology
– Working experience in a number of other technical areas (e.g. virtualization, Network services and protocols, cloud connectivity and security, Linux and/or — – – Windows server infrastructure, Active Directory, NAS storage, file systems, file/folder permissions, DFS)
– Working experience with Next Generation firewalls, Web Isolation engines, Leaf/Spine network architecture
If you’re a proactive professional based in BC with a passion for taking initiative and seeking challenges in the infrastructure space then this Systems Engineer role with our client could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Please contact Tina with your resume at: email@example.com
View Original Source Source