Systems Analyst 1
Regular Full-time – CUPE
$35.56 – $41.94 per hour
November 29, 2020
Come grow with us! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication & great customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
This is a full time position for up to one (1) year.
With assistance from the IT Business Solutions Manager, you will develop and execute an Enterprise Portal migration plan. This will include compiling an inventory of existing map services, custom geo-processing tools, python interfaces, and dependent web map applications. This project will be complex and may require analysis, system design, and application redevelopment or migration using Esri’s ArcGIS Web AppBuilder or ArcGIS Experience Builder and Safe Software’s FME. Modification to existing python geo-processing tools may also be required, involving redesign and programming. You will be expected to exercise a considerable degree of independent judgement and action in the performance of assigned duties.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a two year diploma course in computer technology at an institute of technology or community college plus sound related experience OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of computer programming methods, practices and procedures as applied to the work.
- Working knowledge of windows operating systems used on the Maple Ridge computer systems to complete the required work.
- Working knowledge of basic computing science concepts including computer architecture, time sharing operating system functions, file structures, databases and one or more programming languages.
- Sound knowledge of problem definition and solution techniques applicable to analyzing business problems.
- Some knowledge of the information technology concepts of word processing, communications and data base technology as applied to the work.
- Some knowledge of Municipal and/or financial applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with internal & external contacts.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data and information required for programming and computer system purposes and to develop logical solutions for assigned problems.
LICENCES & CERTIFICATES:
- Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia.
View Original Source Source