Systems Analyst 1 (6 month temporary)
Temporary Full-time – CUPE
$35.56 – $41.94 per hour
November 29, 2020
Come grow with us! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication & great customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
This is a temporary position for up to six (6) months.
The Systems Analyst 1 will be working with the City’s development team on ongoing and new projects. Direction will be provided by our lead developer and coding and development work will require proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio C#. The incumbent will be expected to exercise considerable independence in the performance of assigned duties.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a two year diploma course in computer technology at an institute of technology or community college plus sound related experience OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of computer programming methods, practices and procedures as applied to the work.
- Working knowledge of windows operating systems used on the Maple Ridge computer systems to complete the required work.
- Working knowledge of basic computing science concepts including computer architecture, time-sharing operating system functions, file structures, databases and one or more programming languages.
- Sound knowledge of problem definition and solution techniques applicable to analyzing business problems.
- Some knowledge of the information technology concepts of word processing, communications and data base technology as applied to the work.
- Some knowledge of Municipal and/or financial applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with internal & external contacts.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data and information required for programming and computer system purposes and to develop logical solutions for assigned problems.
LICENCES & CERTIFICATES:
- Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia.
This is a Temporary Full-Time position for approximately six (6) months
View Original Source Source