City of Langford
$39.96 – $43.67 per hour
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford is seeking a highly skilled, enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized professional to fill the full-time position of Systems Administrator with the Information Technology Department.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Systems Administrator will share responsibility for the long-term reliability, resiliency and security of Municipal technology infrastructure. The Systems Administrator will maintain a broad range of on-premises and cloud-based technology. This exciting position will have an opportunity to collaborate on a variety of projects, including the support of a world-class sporting facility at the Westhills Stadium.
Ideal applicants will have the following education, experience, skills and abilities:
- Completion of a 2-year diploma program in computer science and at least 5 years experience including network and server management (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered);
- Demonstrated expertise in supporting a wide range of infrastructure solutions including server hardware/software, physical & virtual networking;
- Extensive troubleshooting skills and experience working in a Microsoft environment;
- Ability to work with business partners, manage shifting priorities, enjoy learning new skills, and contribute to building a cohesive team environment;
- A sense of humour, with the ability to take your work seriously, but not yourself.
The salary range offered for this full-time position is $39.96 to 43.67 per hour plus an excellent benefits package including one of Canada’s top pension plans, and a 35-hour modified work week schedule. Please refer to the job opportunities page of our website at www.langford.ca for more information and a detailed job description.
To apply for this position, submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail) or to the attention of Human Resources, City of Langford, 2nd Floor, 877 Goldstream Avenue, Langford, BC, V9B 2X8. Applications will be accepted until noon on October 12, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
View Original Source Source