City of Surrey
Regular Full Time
Reporting to the Survey Manger, the Surveyor 2 performs working level surveying work supervising survey staff, obtaining data and field measurements for office interpretative purposes, and performing calculations on survey data.
- You will perform working level surveying work and supervising survey staff.
- Obtain data and field measurements for office interpretative purposes, and performing calculations on survey data.
- Operate survey instruments in performing legal and control surveys and obtaining data for topographic, preliminary, construction, and as-built purposes on City Engineering projects, including making computations and compiling detailed field notes.
- Lays out features for construction of roads, sewers, water, street lighting, and other City services.
- Supervise, direct and train survey crew members. Provide information and explanations to other Engineering Department staff. Perform office work related to survey work.
- Support your team with helping them perform their duties.
- Act an ambassador of the City while out in the field and respond to routine inquiries from the public.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- At a minimum you will have completed grade 12 supplemented by a 1-year certificate in surveying from a recognized technical institution, as well as, Considerable experience in all types of City surveying.
- You will have demonstrated skills in the direction of survey staff, survey calculations, and the use of survey instruments.
- Possess a valid and unrestricted driving license.
- You are an excellent communicator and can effectively express your thoughts both orally and in writing.
- You are able to demonstrate an ability to make independent decisions and initiate action in performing the duties of the position.
- You are an effective supervisor and able to train junior level staff.
- You can represent the City in the best possible way and tactfully deal with staff and members of the public.
This job will close on October 6, 2020.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
View Original Source Source