Are you looking for a chance to put your education into practice? The City of Quesnel is currently seeking a Survey Assistant to join our Public Works team this summer. We are looking to supplement our team of passionate, knowledgeable, and innovative professionals with a Survey Assistant, who will perform fieldwork assisting with City survey projects in conjunction with the City’s Capital Works program. If you share the same passion for geomatics within a changing City and are interested in a summer position that offers challenge and growth, we encourage you to apply.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Completed Grade 12, supplemented by the completion of at least one year of the Geomatics program from a recognized post-secondary institution and be continuing with the Geomatics diploma or degree program in the fall of 2021.
- Minimum 1 year experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D or other drafting software
- Must have a technical level of principles and practices of surveying applicable to municipal design and construction
- Ability to use conventional and electronic survey instrument, including GPS and hydrographic survey equipment.
- Strong mathematical skills that will assist in the preparation of field notes and basic survey calculations.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence with a safe driving record
See our website www.quesnel.ca for a full job description.
Full time position (40 hours per week) from May 3 – August 27, 2021 Hourly rate of pay: $29.50 plus $1.20 in lieu of benefits.
January 18, 2021
February 8, 2021 by 4pm How to apply:
Please send your resume with competition number, in confidence to:
Human Resources Manager City of Quesnel,
410 Kinchant Street,
Quesnel, BC V2J 7J5
Apply online or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Word or pdf document only)
View Original Source Source