Superintendent – Utilities
Regular Full Time
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam!
Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
Are you a seasoned professional with considerable technical and leadership experience? Has this experience equipped you to lead people while overseeing the operation and maintenance of potable water, sanitary sewer and storm drainage systems? Do you naturally connect with people and enjoy the variety and challenge of a dynamic, fast-paced work-environment? Are you a self-starter who does your best work when the pressure is on? If this sounds like you, read on.
The City of Port Coquitlam is looking for a positive, dynamic, innovative, results-oriented field manager with exceptional people skills to join our management team in Public Works. The work includes coordinating day-to-day operational requirements, developing work plans including cost-effective initiatives and programs all while monitoring budgets, preparing records and reports to ensure work is completed in an accurate, safe and efficient manner.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You are passionate about utilities and serving the Community
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills and are skilled at building relationships at all levels of the organization
- You value innovation, creativity and inclusiveness
- You are a collaborative team builder and team player who values and rewards contribution
- You have strong analytical skills and a track record of implementing best practices and workplace improvements in your area of expertise
- You have extensive experience in utilities management in a unionized environment and have demonstrated success in relevant, progressive supervisory roles with a minimum of five years’ experience at a senior supervisory level
- You have completed an undergraduate post-secondary education in a utilities related discipline. An equivalent combination of experience and education will also be considered.
As a Utilities Superintendent, you will:
- Plan, organize and supervise operational activities in the City’s utilities systems
- Prepare operational and related capital budgets to ensure budgeted programs are effectively implemented and achieved
- Prepare contract specifications ensuring procurement is carried out in accordance with City policies and procedures
- Coordinate projects and programs
- Develop, recommend and implement procedures and practices
- Resolve complaints from the public and others
- Hire, promote and discipline employees within a unionized environment
- Review and manage employee performance
- Participate on City committees as required.
Why should you consider working for us?
- You will be joining a strong and stable management team well supported by Mayor and Council
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed
- We take our work seriously but not ourselves and have a positive attitude about the work we perform
- We offer a comprehensive benefit package including an indexed pension and competitive annual salary and embrace a holistic approach to work and life outside of work.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit their resumes, along with a one page letter demonstrating how their qualifications and/or experience match the position online by January 10, 2021 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number 20-100e.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.
View Original Source Source