SUPERINTENDENT – SURREY POLICE SERVICE
The Surrey Police Service (“SPS”) is bringing an era of modern and progressive policing to Surrey. We are a community-based policing service that is at the forefront of public safety. We are committed to meeting our city’s unique priorities and building a team that reflects the diverse and inclusive communities we serve. Help us build a new community-responsive police service that will support one of the fastest growing and diverse cities in Canada.
Surrey Police Service is hiring for Superintendents within the Support Services Bureau, Investigations Bureau, and Community Policing Bureau. Superintendents fulfill critical leadership roles integral to the establishment of the SPS.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Constable, the Superintendent role leads teams of sworn and civilian employees in the delivery of a wide range of community policing services. The Superintendent has responsibility for operational policing and administrative functions within their Bureau. In this position, you will develop and sustain valued and strategic partnerships with the community and internal and external stakeholders, working together to deliver exceptional policing services to the citizens of Surrey.
This leadership role will model the mission, vision, and values of SPS through unquestioned integrity and through sustaining a visible, credible, inclusive, and respected profile. You bring a strong work ethic, and a commitment to a community-based policing model. You will build public trust. and implement proactive public safety strategies to address complex community and social issues.
- Provide leadership, strategic support, and advice to the Deputy Chief Constable on a wide range of operational policing and administrative matters.
- Collaborate in the strategic planning process, prepare objectives, identify measures, and ensure progress towards achieving SPS strategic priorities.
- Recruit and establish high performing teams within your Bureau, provide exceptional leadership and clear direction.
- Manage sworn and civilian employees in achieving desired results ensuring adherence to SPS policies, standards, and regulations.
- Promote a diverse and inclusive work environment, ensure the health, safety, and wellness of employees, and cultivate a culture that is respectful, positive, and engaging.
- Develop and implement operational plans and strategic priorities to address community issues and ensure efficient and effective response to problems, incidents, and public safety.
- Manage the initial response to critical incidents, ensuring sound judgment and decision making, appropriate resource allocation and risk management.
- Utilize best-practices in public safety and data-driven decision making to establish the highest standards of excellence within your Bureau and the SPS.
- Develop and implement a diverse range of community consultation initiatives to ensure the SPS is responsive to the needs of the community.
- Implement policies, procedures, and programs to support continuous improvement within the SPS.
- Ensure the efficient use of available budgets, review, and report on expenditures, ensure adequate resource planning, and provide input into strategic financial planning.
- Represent the Chief Constable/Deputy Chief Constables at meetings and events both internally and externally where required.
- Liaise with other police organizations and external agencies strengthening positive working relationships.
- Perform other related duties.
- 10 – 15 years of progressive policing experience in operations, investigations, or support services.
- A Bachelors’ Degree supplemented by certifications and training demonstrating a track record of continuous development within operational policing and leadership.
- Solid leadership experience with proven ability to build high performing teams, motivating and engaging others to achieve positive results.
- Demonstrated experience with employee development, performance management, and succession planning for sworn and civilian employees.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of Provincial Policing Standards, legislation, regulations, and policies applicable to all functional areas of policing operations.
- Proven record of service excellence and delivering contemporary approaches and best- practices in community policing.
- Knowledge and understanding of new and evolving crime threats and priorities in particular those impacting the Surrey community, and able to apply a pro-active and preventive approach.
- Strong teamwork, exceptional work ethic, and interpersonal skills with ability to build and sustain positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an ability to analyze and evaluate situations objectively, thinking broadly and able to develop well-informed ideas and actions.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing strategies to support diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- Experience with managing budgets and utilizing financial management systems for analysis and reporting.
- Aligned with the SPS’s values and core competencies.
- Able to obtain and maintain a police security clearance.
To view and apply please visit our website at www.surreypolice.ca/careers This posting closes on February 1, 2021
View Original Source Source